Call for Presentations
Would you like to share your expertise with hundreds of benefits professionals at the 38th Annual Employee Benefits Symposium? The Society is accepting presentation proposals to curate an educational experience that reflects the diverse skills, interests and backgrounds of the employee benefits profession. If you are a Society member, Foundation member or other industry professional, here’s what we’re looking for:
- “Hot” industry topics and issues, new techniques, strategic viewpoints, case studies and emerging trends
- Topics of interest to and aimed at knowledgeable, experienced corporate benefits and compensation professionals
- Topics that focus mainly on answers, results or solutions and ROI, not the (often well-known) problems or issues.
- A mid-to-advanced level presentation that can be covered in a 60 minute session, including time for questions.
- A "deep dive" into a critical benefits-related topic. Symposium attendees look for topics at an indepth level they haven't heard anywhere else.
- An objective presentation that does not give the appearance of endorsing any particular company or product.
Who is the Symposium audience?
- Diverse. Attendees represent corporations, consulting firms, health care organizations, hospitals, banks, insurance companies and brokerages, investment and administration firms, jointly trusteed and public employee benefit plans, law firms and other organizations involved with employee benefits.
- Experienced. A typical Symposium attendee has 10 or more years of experience and looks for topics at the mid-to-advanced level.
- Engaged. Many attendees have, or are pursuing the CEBS, GBA, CMS or RPA designation in the U.S. or Canada.
Submitting a Presentation Proposal
In order to ensure that each proposal is received and considered by the planning committee, we require all proposals to be submitted using this form.
Required components include speaker contact information, a session title, topic description and three takeaways or learning outcomes.
There is no limit to how many proposals can be submitted. Each proposal must be submitted individually. Selection of proposals and speakers will be determined in April 2019.
Our Partnership With Presenters
Producing a successful Symposium is truly a collaborative effort between ISCEBS and its presenters. In order to ensure a mutually beneficial Symposium, we hold our presenters and ourselves to these commitments:
We expect presenters will:
- Work closely with ISCEBS staff prior to the Symposium and meet all deadlines
- Recognize that an educational session is an opportunity to share information and should not give the appearance of an endorsement of a particular business, service or product
- Make no substantial changes in session content or format, or change or add presenters without prior approval of ISCEBS staff
- Design and provide a high-quality PowerPoint presentation, easily readable in print and a conference room, in electronic format, by the deadline given (a pdf version of the presentation is not acceptable).
- Understand that their presentation will be reproduced in its entirety in hard copy and electronic media for attendeee
- Keep in mind that members of the media may be in attendance
- Acknowledge they are available to speak during any timeframe of the Symposium and as such will not request a time or date change if selected.
In return, ISCEBS will:
- Supply audiovisual equipment (such as a laptop, microphone and projector) for your session
- Reimburse expenses for one session speaker in accordance with ISCEBS policy. Reimbursement is not available for any co-presenters.
- Provide a complimentary registration for the Symposium, which includes educational sessions, meal and networking events and the CEBS Conferment
- Provide you with your evaluation scores and feedback after the conference
- Provide a platform for professional visibility while we collaborate to make a valuable contribution to the industry’s collective knowledge.
If you have questions about the submission process or the Symposium in general, please contact us at email@example.com or (262) 786-8771.